Happy heart day, lovely ones!
To celebrate my true love and deep commitment to plant-based treats that actually taste good, I whipped up a sensuous snack. Nourishing our bods is quite sexy, wouldn’t you agree?
Chia seeds are beautifully rich in omega-3 & 6’s, with an attractive profile of plant protein and fiber. They contain around 3 times more iron than spinach, 5 times more calcium than milk and 15 times more magnesium than broccoli! They’re also high in antioxidants, which give our hearts some extra love.
I adore chia seeds for their compatibility with other nuts & seeds, berries, superfoods – even plain water. They really gel.
Rosy Goji Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or nut milk of choice)
- 1 tsp reds powder (like Vital Just Reds – organic beet, goji, carrot, tomato, acai, pomegranate)
- 1 tsp true vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure cinnamon
- Toppings: 1 tbsp goji berries, toasted unsweetened shredded coconut, hemp hearts
- Combine chia seeds with nut milk, reds powder, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium glass jar or bowl. Stir and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- When you’re ready to dip in, divide your chia pudding into two equal portions and sprinkle with goji berries and any other nutrient-dense toppings. Share it with your Valentine or save for later!
Nutrition facts per serving: approx. 18 grams carbohydrate (6 grams sugar, 9 grams fiber), 9 grams energizing fat, 5 grams plant protein.
Happy hearts & souls ❤